|Electric strike does not activate
- Dismount the strike and check that the wiring connector is connected properly
- Ensure the wires are connected to a 12 or 24VDC source.
- Use a multimeter to test that the strike is receiving the proper voltage and amperage. If it is not, it may be necessary to use heavier gauge wires, or increase the output of the power supply.
- Make sure the activation device (keypad or push-button switch) is working properly.
|Door does not open when the electric strike is activated.
- Check that the door latch is operating properly, and replace if necessary.
- The position of the electric strike may need to be adjusted by moving it or adding washers or shims.
|Strike makes a buzzing sound.
- Connect the strike to a DC power supply.